There are plenty of online poker sites to choose from these days, it might seem a daunting task to decide on which one to go with, but in my opinion there is only one choice – PokerStars.
1. It’s the largest poker site in the world! It’s rare to see less than 200,000 people playing at any one time, and more players mean more fish. As regular poker players make most of their money from the weaker players, it makes sense to follow the donkeys.
2. More players also means more table choice and game choice. It gives you more chance of finding the perfect table conditions. Several games are available at PokerStars, including Hold ’em, Omaha, Omaha Hi/Lo, Seven Card Stud, Five Card Stud, Seven Card, Stud Hi/Lo and Razz.
3. You can find exclusive satellite tournaments at PokerStars, and they send more players to the World Series of Poker each year, than all the other poker sites put together!
4. The software client is easy to use, customisable, and reliable. There are few alternatives which offer a similar level of quality.
5. A true random shuffle. The random number generator at PokerStars, has been approved by Cigital, an independent body. It shows that the pack shuffle algorithm is fair and completely random.
6. Multi-table up to 24 tables simultaneously! This is essential if you’re playing regular online poker for a living. Time equals money and it’s important to get through as many hands as possible to even out variance and increase your hourly rate.
7. PokerStars VIP Rewards. They offer one of the best rewards schemes anywhere, you can get electronics, books, DVDs and other poker accessories from the online store, simply by playing regularly.
8. Play with Team PokerStars, a selection of top online pros which play exclusively at PokerStars. Including Daniel Negreanu and Barry Greenstein.
9. Customer Support. Award winning support is available 24/7, the helpdesk is full of knowledgeable staff ready to answer your questions.
10. Payment options. There are plenty of ways to top up your account, including Bank Transfers, Check by Mail, Visa, Mastercard, Moneybookers, NETELLER, CLICK2PAY and ClickandBuy.